Thursday, April 24, 2014

Collage Works Inspired by Garden delights and Things of Olde

Taking a break from doll making and dabbling again in collage and mixed media. I finished this sweetie on Earth Day. My muse of old papers, my love for vintage shoes, and interest in Fraktur (Pennsylvania German Folk Art), all came together and delivered this.

 
A little paint, antique faux ivory carved beads, glass beads, fabric yo-yos, cloth petals
 and vintage papers.
All arranged on a stained canvas.
Adding just a little carefully prepared stain to it all helps give it a soft vintage look
 
  I love the color pallet and dimensional/ textured look.
 (that little rabbit Miss Willow I made is fond of it too)
Sweet springtime wished
 to all!

1 comment:

I love comments! Thanks so much for taking the time to do so.